- Performed in a group program with 10-40 participants
- Structured to progress for 8-10 weeks
- Weekly sessions customized to suit specific workplace needs
- Includes meditation practice, yoga postures (optional), and mindfulness to help with stressful situations and social interactions
- Recommended commitment to practice homework assignments
- Enhances emotional intelligence
- Improves self-awareness
- Increases capacity to manage distressing situations productively
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves memory
- Lowers risk for depression and anxiety
What is Mindfulness?
“Awareness that arises by paying attention on purpose in the present moment non-judgmentally.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
Jon Kabat-Zinn established mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) strategies in the 1970s to help patients suffering from chronic pain. It differs from the basic mindfulness meditation sessions we offer in the following ways:
Our Guided Mindfulness Sessions deliver measurable benefits, including:
Our guided practice sessions are widely used in business, healthcare, and education to improve attention and well-being.
Mindfulness practice does not depend on or interfere with any religion, cultural context or belief system.
Mindfulness can be completely secular. Fortune 500 companies provide mindfulness instruction to their employees to reduce on-the-job stress, hundreds of hospitals refer patients to courses in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction to develop skills to cope with physical and emotional pain, and dozens of schools (private and public) across the country are using mindfulness practices to help their students succeed.
Mindfulness practice can save time in school and at work.
Mindfulness practices help learners focus and pay attention. A few minutes of practice can improve the learning environment. Leaders and teachers we work with say on days we have been onsite for sessions, classrooms and workplaces are calmer and people accomplish more than on days when we are not there.
-Ryan, Oliver. “How to Succeed in Business – Mediate” CNN Money. July 20, 2007
-Elias, Marilyn. USA Today, 6/8/09 Mindfulness Meditation Being Used in Hospitals, Schools
-See the Association for Mindfulness in Education Mindful Education Map
-See testimonials on the Association for Mindfulness in Education Mindful Education Map
Corporate and school references available upon request.